It’s that time of year again for the YPCR Annual General Meeting! This is an important meeting for our members to attend for many reasons, one of which is that it is where we vote on the 10 executive directors who will serve on our board for the upcoming year!
Our volunteer Board of Directors helps run our organization, with everything from planning and communicating events, to managing memberships and community relationships. Our goal is to provide value to our members by creating opportunities to develop skills in areas supporting our four pillars: business networking, social interaction, community involvement and professional development.
This year we have a number of board members who wish to continue into 2020, but a few are ready to step down which happens every couple of years and is a good thing as it allows our board to diversify with some new members!
Here’s a quick breakdown to help answer some of your questions:
– The board consists of 10 YPCR members in good standing
– Board positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Director, and Directors at Large
– The board oversees YPCR’s committees, including Communications, Membership, Events, Community, and Gala
– The term of office is one year, following the AGM
– One noon hour lunch board meeting per month (in person or call-in)
– Participation in at least one committee
– Attendance at events wherever time is possible
If this sounds like too much of a commitment right now, we encourage you to join a committee that interests you, and go from there.
All members who are interested in joining the board will be given an opportunity to put their names forward for vote at the AGM, which will take place virtually on Zoom next Wednesday, October 21st at 7pm! As with all events we host, you’ll find our AGM is a casual and friendly opportunity to meet some of our other members, as well as members of the board who you might not know yet!
RSVP to email@example.com and please mention if you are considering a board role.
**You can still attend last-minute, but knowing roughly who will be attending will be helpful for us with planning.
We hope you can make it: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88091876477